Studio Update 5.24.20
While we do not know yet when we will be open for in-person classes, here’s what we DO know:
- We miss you. A lot.
- BYSJ will open when it is safe and recommended to do so.
- Regardless of when that is, it is unlikely to be in the next few weeks.
- We are closely following the official guidelines as they are released by Santa Clara Public Health, California Department of Public Health, and the CDC.
- We are already preparing to adapt our procedures, as best we can, to the best of our knowledge.
Here’s what you can expect:
- Limited class sizes
- Guided social distancing inside and outside the room
- Continuing our free Wednesday and Saturday classes online on Zoom
- More time between classes to enable cleaning & disinfecting of high-touch areas in our studio
- Personal protective equipment and daily health & temperature checks for all staff
- Updated member safety procedures (aka we will need YOUR help, too)
Once we are open, for all of you who have time-limited memberships, we will automatically extend your membership by however long it is that we were closed. And for those of you who have continued to keep your membership active during this time in support of the studio: THANK YOU.
We can’t wait to open our doors to you, to again become the safe sanctuary we all need, love, and miss. Our hearts and thoughts are with you.
With love from,
Michele and the BYSJ staff team
IMMEDIATE STUDIO CLOSURE – Monday 3.16.20 2 PM
We have just gotten word from Santa Clara County that there will be a mandatory shelter-in-place directive effective until April 7th. Our priority is to help you do your yoga (even if on your own at home, instead of here with us), to take care of our staff and their livelihoods, and to say ‘welcome home’ again in person as soon as it is safe to do so!
What does this mean for your yoga practice and our community?
- We are live-streaming a daily Pranayama exercise at 10:00 am. Taking regular deep breaths, to calm the mind, and strengthen your respiratory system, is the #1 best medicine we all need right now. Be sure to join our Facebook group, BYSJ Everywhere.
- We offer free audio recordings on our YouTube page. This is not limited to members – please follow, and share with ANYONE who needs Bikram Yoga right now.
- We offer free live classes on Zoom, twice per week. Please see our events page for more details.
- We offer membership holds for the duration of the health emergency to anyone who needs it. Conversely, if you are able and willing to continue to support Bikram Yoga San Jose during this time via your regular memberships, we appreciate it – from the bottom of our hearts.
We will be in touch as this health emergency plays out, and we look forward to saying ‘welcome home’ again in person as soon as it is safe to do so!
We are suspending our no-holds policy. If you need to suspend your membership for your health or the health of your family, please email email@example.com. We will pause for the duration of this emergency. New students: We will also extend Introductory Offers.