60 Day Summer Challenge – Begins July 1–July 15
Yoga won’t fix everything.
But it will teach you the strength to face anything.
Sign up now at the front desk and take
the first step towards transforming your life!
Start anytime between July 1 and July 15.
Practice 60 classes in 60 days.
There is no cost to sign up; regular membership applies.
For every class, add a star on the tracking board.
If you miss a day, you can do a double – 2 classes in 1 day – as a make-up (but no triples).
Bikram Basics – July 13 and July 27, 12:30–2:30 pm
New to Bikram Yoga? Learn the basics for success at BYSJ. This session is designed especially for you as a beginner! We will have an introductory talk, question-and-answer session, and time practicing the postures (offered at low heat).
This is class is for YOU if:
- You have just started Bikram Yoga, want to learn the postures the right way, and get the benefits quickly
- You are signed up for our Introductory Special or our Groupon (10 or 20 Classes)
What you’ll learn:
- personal tour around the studio
- what BYSJ does to support you
- how to prepare & how to hydrate well
- what to bring to class
- the benefits of Bikram yoga, and how it works
- the basic principles – how to breathe, what it means to “lock your knee,” how to build a strong grip, and more!
Karma Class – July 13, 4:30 pm
On the 2nd Saturday of every month, BYSJ owner Michele teaches the FREE 4:30 pm class. Bring and welcome those you know that would benefit from a Bikram Yoga practice (who wouldn’t?!).
Book Swap – July 21, 7:30 am–12:00 pm, and 4:00–6:30 pm
July 14–19, bring in books that you’d like to donate or swap out of your bookshelf (appropriate, of course, and kids books are welcome). Get one swap ticket per book. On Swap Day, bring in your tickets and trade for new books! Books can also be purchased; $5 for three books.