Bikram Basics – May 25
New to Bikram Yoga? Learn the basics for success at BYSJ. This session is designed especially for you as a beginner! We will have an introductory talk, question-and-answer session, and time practicing the postures (offered at low heat).
This is class is for YOU if:
- You have just started Bikram Yoga, want to learn the postures the right way, and get the benefits quickly
- You are signed up for our Introductory Special or our Groupon (10 or 20 Classes)
What you’ll learn:
- personal tour around the studio
- what BYSJ does to support you
- how to prepare & how to hydrate well
- what to bring to class
- the benefits of Bikram yoga, and how it works
- the basic principles – how to breathe, what it means to “lock your knee”, how to build a strong grip, and more!
Upper Spine & Shoulder Workshop with Zeb Homison – June 2
10:00 am: Class with Zeb: $30
12:00-2:00 pm: Upper Spine & Shoulder Workshop: $30
Both for only $50!
Backward-bending is for everyone, not just the super-bendy! Join Zeb and explore your spine in this fun, in-depth workshop and discover how you can begin to create more strength and flexibility as you bend over backward.
This workshop will focus especially on how to create flexibility, movement, and strength within the upper neck and shoulders in our Bikram Yoga postures, with bonus exercises.
2014 international yoga champion, Zeb has traveled all over the world, from the beaches of Mexico, all throughout the United States, Australia, and Southeast Asia, and finally back to his hometown.