Welcome to Bikram Yoga San Jose!
Bikram yoga is a highly therapeutic, beginner’s yoga class designed to provide a challenging, rejuvenating, and powerful experience. During this 90-minute class, we stretch, strengthen, and prepare the body to work every muscle, organ, gland, and cell. If you have a body, you can do this yoga. No restrictions. We have a saying:
Welcome to the kingdom of your health. – B Fire
Never too old, never too sick, never too late to do yoga and start from scratch once again!
– Bikram Choudhury
I started Bikram Yoga to help with carpal tunnel problems related to my job. After 4 months of practicing, I’ve experienced less anxiety and more calmness in my everyday life.”
– Kelly, BYSJ Member
Introductory Offer – Sign Up Now
One Month Unlimited Yoga for $45
Available one-time only, take 30 days to change your life with unlimited yoga!
3. Check out our schedule
(first-time pre-registration required for Groupons, recommended for everyone)
Top Tips for a GREAT First Class
- Drink plenty of water ahead of time. Think half of your body weight in ounces in the day leading up to class.
- Avoid eating heavy meals for up to 3 hours before class
- Wear light, non-restrictive clothing. Ladies, think shorts or leggings, jog bra or halter top. Gentlemen, wear shorts or swimsuit bottoms. T-shirts are optional. Be prepared to sweat, a lot!
- Bring a mat, large towel, and water, or you can rent from us. We also have filtered water available to fill up your own water bottle.
- Arrive at least 15-20 minutes early. This way you can register, meet your teacher, set your mat up in the room, and start on time.
- Listen carefully. Our certified Bikram yoga teachers will tell you what to do, how to do it, and the benefit of doing it. Listen carefully, and follow along the best you can. If you miss something, we do almost everything twice–so you can try the second time.
- Sit down and rest if you need to. It can take a few classes to adjust to the heat (don’t worry-that’s why you have a month to try it out). Do your best not to leave the room, as this will help you get used to the heat more quickly and allow the teacher to make sure you’re safe.
- Remember to breathe. Work less, breathe more!
- Stay in savasana. Your first instinct may be to get up and go-stay! Savasana helps you to recuperate and recover, and allows your heart rate and breath to return to normal. We recommend at least two minutes.
- Replenish with electrolytes– think coconut water, watermelon juice, or electrolyte supplements like PowerPak. This will help prevent headaches and cramping.
- Take a second class within 1-2 days. This will help you to learn the series, get used to the heat, and maximize your benefits. You will feel amazing!
“I am more fit today than I have been in years. I have met many fun and interesting people at the studio and I look forward to checking in with them before and after class. The discussions range from family vacations, organic foods, recent surgeries, cleanses and personal growth. It is a special place that has become an integral part of my life.” – Jeff
“Before I knew what I was doing, I learned to breathe. Breath lead the way. I followed. Before, I judged myself by my performance and I listened to my thoughts. Before, I hurt and I quit. Now, I breathe more, judge less, hurt less, quit less and listen with my breath.” – Nick