Welcome to Bikram Yoga San Jose!
Bikram yoga is a highly therapeutic beginner’s yoga class designed to provide a challenging, rejuvenating, and powerful experience. During this 90-minute class, we stretch, strengthen, and prepare the body to work every muscle, organ, gland, and cell. If you have a body, you can do this yoga. No restrictions. We have a saying:
“Never too old, never too sick, never too late to do yoga and start from scratch once again!”
– Bikram Choudhury
“I started Bikram Yoga to help with carpal tunnel problems related to my job. After 4 months of practicing, I’ve experienced less anxiety and more calmness in my everyday life.”
– Kelly, BYSJ Member
Introductory Offer – Sign Up Now
Get one month of unlimited yoga for only $45.
Take 30 days to change your life with unlimited yoga! Available one-time-only. Getting set up is easy, just follow these steps.
1. Register with us.
Make sure you allow us to send you reminders and notifications so that you receive the Zoom link for online classes.
2. Purchase the introductory offer.
You’ll have 30 days from your first class, so practice with us as much as you can to take advantage. Your body and mind will thank you.
3. Check out our schedule.
Sign up for a class and we’ll send you the link. You can pre-register right up to class time.
Top Tips for a GREAT First Class
- Drink water ahead of time and throughout the day. Even when you practice at home and at room temperature, good hydration is key.
- Avoid eating heavy meals 2-3 hours before class.
- Wear light, non-restrictive clothing.
- Use a yoga mat or practice on carpeting with a large towel. Have water on-hand.
- Give yourself enough time to log into Zoom for online classes. Classes start promptly as scheduled, so don’t be late!
- Listen carefully. Our certified Bikram yoga teachers will tell you what to do, how to do it. Follow along the best you can. If you miss something, we do almost everything twice – so you can try the second time around.
- Rest if you need to. Do your best to stay with the full 90-minute class. It’s OK to pause if needed – stay still and wait until you’re ready.
- Remember to breathe. Work less, breathe more!
- Stay in savasana (dead body pose) at least two minutes at the end of class. This is an important part of Bikram Yoga. It helps you recuperate and allows your heart rate and breath to return to normal.
- Stay hydrated throughout the day and replenish electrolytes with fruits and vegetables, or supplements.
- Take a second class within 1-2 days. You may feel some muscle soreness after your first class, and the best remedy is more yoga! Consistency is key – you will feel amazing.
“I am more fit today than I have been in years. I have met many fun and interesting people at the studio and I look forward to checking in with them before and after class. The discussions range from family vacations, organic foods, recent surgeries, cleanses and personal growth. It is a special place that has become an integral part of my life.” – Jeff
“Before I knew what I was doing, I learned to breathe. Breath lead the way. I followed. Before, I judged myself by my performance and I listened to my thoughts. Before, I hurt and I quit. Now, I breathe more, judge less, hurt less, quit less and listen with my breath.” – Nick